Friday 5 September 2014

Conversations with a 3 year old

Sometimes chatting with my toddler makes my brain hurt. There always seems to be an endless barrage of "why's" and "why not's" (usually in the incorrect context, btw). But then she makes me double over with laughter thanks to some cheeky or quirky comment, and I remember that she's brand new and life for her is too! I have to remember these moments because before I know it, she'll be moving out and off to college, and all I will want is to transport myself back to these days where her view on life is as fresh and wonderful as it will ever be!

Here are some of my fave conversations


3 year old: "Do we have a horse?"
Me: "No"
3 year old: "Why?"
Me: "Ummmm....because we don't have room in our yard?"
3 year old: "why?"

....you get the idea

3 year old: (aggravating her baby sister, baby sister starts to wail)
Me: what did you do to her?
3 year old: I just smashed her
Me: why?
3 year old: because I'm a naughty princess

3 year old: (sipping her milk) mmmmm....this milk is so cold. So silky

(Me, noticing the 3 year old has colored all over her face)
Me: when did you do that?
3 year old: on Friday
(Keep in mind it was Monday)

3 year old: mommy will you rub cream on my legs?
Me: sure love (I start massaging her feet and legs)
3 year old: thanks mom. That feels fantastic

Happy Friday everyone :)






No comments:

Post a Comment